Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Committment Pattern

O.k., I've decided to recommit to blog! I need to find a new motivation for blogging- I guess I don't get the point of it? What are some of the reasons some of you out there blog??

I've decided that instead of trying to catch up with everything, I would just start where we're at now. I wanted to blog that last night I went to a craft night for our ward here in Mesa- and LOVED it! I didn't get home last night until almost 10pm, and it took me a little while to come down from the high I was on! I guess I really like doing crafts?! Who knew? I only did gift tags for Christmas (maybe that's kind of sad that it took me the whole night), but I had a lot! This is what they looked like:









Aren't they cute?? I just love them. I discovered I like-love-doing crafts as long as they're functional for me. Anyway, just kind of fun!

8 comments:

Brewer Family said...

I love doing crafts also, but it takes me forever and I usually need an idea to go off of. It was fun to see you today hope the rest of your day went great! You are going to have to share some of those craft ideas with me.

Nancy said...

I love them!! I have just found that I too have a hidden love for crafts! In the past i have just not had time with school and such, but now I do! It was great to see you guys the other night! We miss you guys and hope to see you soon! Keep blogging, we love hearing your news! xxxNancy

ConnieB said...

Hey! Woo Hoo Craft night was the bomb. I hope you got a taste of the meatballs. They were delish. As far as the crafts? I'm never painting again! Well, actually, I love painting so nevermind. But I DID finish mine (I worked pretty late on my tile floor)! And sometime here in the near future I must blog about them too- my mom really likes to see pictures, you know. Cool... we're officially blog buds.

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

So. . .I did know you were in Arizona. .

CUTE tags!

I blog because it's my "out" I LOVE it, kind of addicted. I post almost everyday, and find it so fun!

Thomas Family said...

Glad to see a new post you two!! My reasons for blogging are 1. to keep a family journal (I plan on making it into a book eventually through BLURB) 2. Keeping up with long lost friends and family from Ak, canada, ut, id. 3. When our computer almost died (thanks again for the cd) the only pictures we would have had were on our blog - so it's kind of like a backup until we get around to getting an actual backup hard drive. Hopefully you find some motivation because we like to see what you are up to way on the "other" side. :)

Lindsay said...

those are so cute! way to go!
about reasons to blog: I do it for not only other family and friends because they like to see what we're doing, but also I use it as a journal. You can print it off into a book whenever you want (pictures included) which saves a lot of time and money on scrap-booking, and it becomes a family journal. Post some pictures of Cole! I want to see how big he is now :)

Jennifer said...

Hey Erin! Don't you just LOVE Enrichment?!! I went last Thursday too and made some neat Halloween decorations. We totally need to get together and swap ideas!

Alicia said...

I think it's fun, and most of our family are far away so this is how they can see pics of our kids and know what we're up to. Glad you're keeping up with us too! I love blogging!