A few weeks ago Gracelyn and I went on a date! To Orange Leaf, a frozen yogurt place. We ate and played card games.
I got a BIKE! It's a beautiful 18lb. road bike. I've been in shock that I actually own one, and I finally got to take it out for a spin this weekend. Felt great. Maybe I need to change the seat though.....definitely had numb bum after an hour of riding :/
My cute little chicks (plus friend Paisley)! At a farming exhibit a few weeks ago.
Last weekend we got to go up to Chicago. This is maybe my favorite city....I just love Chicago. I love that it's vibe is, "here I am. Take it or leave it". Haha, at least that's the vibe I get. It's not a city that's trying too hard, or pretending to be something, or mainly focused on it's looks. The cultural background is so interesting to me. All the Italian, Polish, Greek, Jewish, Catholic, and more holdings on the city that affect the attitude, architecture, food, people, everything! Plus I love the tall, skinny, side-by-side houses there haha.
Kellen got to go to a Bulls game!
And Gracie got to go to the American Girl Doll Store! So fun!!
Bea loves to wear anybody's shoes lately :)
And, last but not least I broke the sliding door off our van...Went to pick up Gracie from dance. She forgot her costume so she ran in while leaving the side door open. I moved the van froward to get out of the way. Apparently the open door was right up against a very short pole. As a went forward, the pole held the door in one place. Once I realized I was hearing a noise, I looked back and saw the door falling off the car! Yikes. Kind of embarrassing.....It punctured a big hole in our tire and knocked the side back light off too. Gracie was bawling. I was in shock. Thankfully two men came over and moved the door over to the grass while I parked out of the way. The kids played and really had a good time waiting for the tow truck.
Blessings in this situation: No one was hurt. Everyone I talked to at the insurance company were REALLY nice and helpful. They kept saying "I'm so sorry this all happened", and I was really glad that they were trained to say that because I needed to hear that! The tow truck guy was also awesome and helpful. My friend Ashley came to pick all of us up since Kellen was at work. It was nice outside so the kids could run around! All of it only took a little over an hour.
Now it's in the shop and hopefully we won't be too long without it... After Gracie was done crying she was trying to choke back new tears as she sincerely asked, "Mom, will our van ever have a door again?"









No comments:
Post a Comment