One weekend we went to the Olympics!!! It was awesome. I loved being around it all. It's so exciting to me that every country gets to represent itself at the Olympics, and it was especially exciting to us that Canada got to represent itself in hosting them this year. We are proud of our homeland! We went to a medal ceremony and walked around downtown Vancouver.....
First off we had a little wait at the border...
And while we waited we looked at the fields that smelled like cows (which secretly we like because it reminds us of home and where we eventually want to be....on a farm)....
So we were happy while we waited because of the smell and because of the sunshine.
Once we got to Vancouver, first thing we did was walk to the cauldron!!
Then we walked around downtown. There were performances, an ice rink, a huge zipline and lots of people!
We got tickets to the medal ceremony, which we found out when we got there that it was actually just a broadcast of the ceremony from Whistler! Stinky. It was still so super cool though. A Canadian won the gold medal for Men's Skeleton so that was neat to be there for that!
While we were there Cole got to sport his sweet Canadian mittens! While Kellen fashionably wore Gracie.
We passed the Moulsen Canadian Hockey House on the way to our car. O Canada! (Moulsen Canadian is a beer brand) But, they had a giant mapleleaf so we took a picture.
And before we went home we stopped at a gas station and stocked up!
Yay for Canada!
We got tickets to the medal ceremony, which we found out when we got there that it was actually just a broadcast of the ceremony from Whistler! Stinky. It was still so super cool though. A Canadian won the gold medal for Men's Skeleton so that was neat to be there for that!
While we were there Cole got to sport his sweet Canadian mittens! While Kellen fashionably wore Gracie.
We passed the Moulsen Canadian Hockey House on the way to our car. O Canada! (Moulsen Canadian is a beer brand) But, they had a giant mapleleaf so we took a picture.
And before we went home we stopped at a gas station and stocked up!
Yay for Canada!














7 comments:
Happy Birthday Cole! And what a fun family trip! Wish we could have been there with you! One day.....oh and can we live on your farm with you?? Thanks.
That is so fun!! I remember my family walked around Salt Lake when the Olympics were there and it was so neat. Although I have to say...go USA!! ;)
How awesome! I'm so glad you guys got to go home for the Olympics! I can't believe Cole is 2!
You Lucky Duck. I wanted to go to the Olympics.
Whenever my dad smells cow poop in the air, he takes a deep breath and says, "Smells like money to me!" I have decided to do the same, my kids hate it. Happy B-day to Cole!!!
Lucky! That looked so fun! I hope you guys make it back up to live in Canada again! I really would love that, ok!
Canadians, oh Canadians. Congratulations on a great Olympics and some awesome wins!
My whole in-law side is Canadian, the pride is a bit overwhelming to say the least. But the candy is good :)
Oh my gosh Gracie is a doll! I thought for a sec that was a baby pic of Cole because they look so much alike! Great job on the babies room btw!
Post a Comment