Thursday, February 2, 2012

01/25/2012


Ok, so today we ran a few errands in the morning and I still needed to go grocery shopping but I wasn't sure if the kids would hold up very well for it. I totally used one of the ideas from the Family Fun magazine! I'm so proud of myself :) I love so many ideas in that magazine, and I mark all the pages I like and make plans for using them someday, and the kids are getting old enough for a lot of the ideas now so I can use them!! The article in Family Fun was by a mom that gave her two well traveled kids "passports" when they would run errands. They had pictures and lists in a notebook that they would check off or stamp when the errand was done. So I printed out six pictures of items on our shopping list, glued three pictures in each notebook, and drew a square beneath the pictures for Cole and Gracie to put a check mark in. We were able to snag a car cart at the store so that and having their notebooks made our shopping trip actually FUN. When Cole and Gracie would find the things on their list (and I had things all over the store for each of them so that there was continually something to look for next) they would get so excited and then they'd pull out their pen and make a check mark in the square. It was SO fun.
Family Fun magazine success #1!! I love when our days are filled with little things like this. It's a little more preparation for me, but worth it!

2 comments:

Rachel Chappell said...

that's an awesome idea! i'll definitely need to check out that magazine when evan is a little older!

Nancy said...

I love it Erin! Great Mom moment!