Every morning we do our five things: family prayer, clean up your room and make your bed, do your hair, brush your teeth, get dressed. Then we eat breakfast, wash our dishes. To start the day off we always do some kind of movement. Inside or outside we'll dance, do stretches, play follow the leader, etc. A few times I've thrown small meditation or relaxation exercises in there after we move around just because I love them. Cole really seems to like them too, Gracie not so much:) And this is great for Bea who loves to be part of all the moving around.
Then we come to our 'homeschool table'. I started this month with a free month of the curriculum Building Heroes Academy and I really like it. It's focused on character building and it has a different person of greatness as a part of the focus each month. I like it, but I'm going to try going in our own direction now. The kids have a long list of things they want to learn - things like rocks and minerals, outer space, dinosaurs, deserts, how our bodies work..... so I'm going to make each one a theme for the month and build the subjects off of that. The only subject I'm not sure about what to teach is math and they have little workbooks for their grade so we're just using that for now. Every Friday we go on a field trip and every Thursday we do a science experiment. The kids are in piano and soccer right now and we'll also throw in going to the park or totally changing things up one day just for fun. So, that's the direction we're going right now.
Oh, and every Monday night we have Family Home Evening where we have a little gospel lesson, play games, and have a treat as a family. So every other week we're having Cole and Gracie teach us something that they've been learning about. Last week Gracie pretended to take us on a tour of the San Juan Mission - she remembered so much about it! That was so cool and a creative way to teach it. And Cole read us some of one of the ancient Egypt books he's been reading and he taught us some of what he's learned with that. So cool! Definitely one of my favorite things we're doing.


1 comment:
So fun!
https://www.todsshoesess.com/keunggulan-pinjam-uang-di-fintech-dan-kiat-menggunakan-aman-memakai-pinjaman-online-terbaik.html
Post a Comment