Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Little Update

Hello! We're back. The reason I haven't been posting is because I've been reading "Jane Eyre". Every spare moment I get I'm reading that book!! Oh, I love it. I only have about 90 pages left now, and I'm excited to finish it. This is how bad I am, well not "bad", just obsessed. Yesterday I read that book for a total of four hours. I make sure the house is clean before I sit down, and the annoying part is that I still feel guilty for reading that much. Should I feel guilty? I still just love it though! If you haven't read it, I would highly recommend reading Jane Eyre.

Oh, I also wanted to post a proud of myself moment. This last week I have finally come up with a cleaning routine that I can do!! My whole pregnancy I have been trying to find a consistent routine, but all my previous ideas made me so exhausted that by the end of the week I was dead (or even by the end of a couple days). I have finally realized that I need to only clean in the mornings. So, I have a lovely routine of chores around the house that I rotate through every other week, and I only clean in the morning and laundry I won't let myself do past 3pm. It is working wonderfully!! I don't overdo it, so I'm feeling great, dinner gets cooked, and our house is clean! Wahoo!

Cole is crazy. He is getting into so much more and doing so much more! He is imitating a lot right now. He has learned how to use a phone (holds it up to his ear and jabbers), and he often copies what I do. One example of this happened this morning while I was sweeping the bathroom floor. Cole found the toilet bowl brush cleaner in the bathroom and he started sweeping the floor too! He is such a good helper. So, we're having fun here with little Cole. Here are some videos to prove it:) The last one is really wobbly-sorry about that.




6 comments:

The Evansons said...

I am so glad you posted! I have been craving a post from you. Cole is HILARIOUS!!! I love his constant quick breathing. I hope you're feeling extra pregnant and good, love you! -Em

Lindsay said...

what a cute kiddo! erin - i like your routine and you're welcome to come try it out at my house anytime you want. i love jane eyre, too!

Mike and Allie Vedomske said...

Oh Erin you are just too cool. You know what's even cooler? I'm reading Jane Eyre now too! We totally need to have a phone book club meeting. Don't feel bad about reading so much though. It sounds like you're still getting a ton done! I'm reading lots but not getting anything else done. I totally love your system though. I've tried to talk myself into doing some kind of cleaning routine too but am just not quite proactive enough to implement it. You're my inspiration. Oh and Cole is of course awesome too. Is he 1 now?

Emily said...

Hey! Cole is so cute! Congrats on baby #2! We have a blog now, but I don't know how to invite you... what is your email address?

Jennifer said...

I am glad that you are feeling better and found a routine that works with your day! Cole is getting so big! What a cutie!

Michelle said...

So glad to get the update. I can't get over how big Cole is? He's adorable. Wish him and Jonny could interact and play together.
We are jealous of the warm weather you're experiencing. Make sure to soak in a little extra sun for me! Miss you guys!